Sandra is a passionate environmentalist, architect, urbanist, researcher and Design Director at tangramGULF, an award-winning Design Studio based in Dubai, delivering diverse social infrastructure works across the MENA region.
She drives sustainable strategies and solutions across the practice and has a completed body of works that have been recognised internationally for delivering regionally significant schemes that respect and respond to local climatic, environmental, cultural, social and economic sustainability needs. Including schemes which brought six international sustainability awards, for five different projects in four years, securing tangram’s recognition as the “2019 MENA Architecture Firm of the Year”, by the Middle East Economic Digest.
She founded, curates and hosts RIBA Gulf’s “Sustainable Development Series” offering insights that address the urgent issue of climate change as it relates to the built environment, to provide a regional route to achieve NZC developments and to promote the mainstreaming of green architecture across the Middle East.
- Fellow of the Royal Institute of British Architects (FRIBA)
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts (FRSA)
- Academician of the UK’s Academy of Urbanism (AoU)
- Member of the Association of Project Managers (APM)
- RIBA MENA Region Ambassador for Sustainability and the promotion of British design excellence and expertise
- RIBA GULF Committee Member - UAE Country Representative
- Chair RIBA Gulf Sustainability Group
- Design Middle East’s 2022 Power List: 30 Most Influential Architects in the Middle East.
- Mentor with The Cherie Blair Women’s Foundation
- Mentor at The University of Greenwich, School of Design
- Mentor at The University Women’s Club, London